“I’ll send you my personal check for $2.00 to give up ‘tender foot’ tennis.”
A comfortable, well-built tennis shoe can I improve your game
Hot, tired, uncomfortable tennis feet are not life’s natural condition. They could by the consequence of badly designed tennis shoes. The kind you’re probably suffering with right now. I have a word of advice: Improve your game. Change shoes.
I designed my shoe to help keep me winning
I mean that literally. For six months I worked helping to design and test a shoe that, not only would keep a woman’s feet free from discomfort match after match, but would help improve her speed and game.
- We put extra padding around the ankle and on the tongue.
- We stitched all double layers of fabric together, instead of gluing them. So the shoe breathes and stays cool.
- We angle cut the heel and raised the heel padding just enough to throw your center of gravity onto the ball of your foot. You get faster starts. quicker turns.
- We gave your toes more room to help your balance.
- We built in a firmer innersole.( A soft, squishy ride is not best for your game. Or your feet.)
- We designed a concave outer sole to help my reaction time. Now you can wear not only a comfortable shoe, but a very fast shoe. One that I wear in tournament after tournament.
I endorse this shoe because I believe that if the shoe is comfortable, and if you win games with it, you should by satisfied with it. I’m satisfied.
The Record speaks for itself
Chris Evert – Top Performer in Women’s Professional Tennis for 1977
Tournaments – Entered 13.
Won 10, Runner-up 1. and Semi-Final 2.
Winner – Colgate Series
Championships, Wylers Women’s
Tennis Classic, U.S. Open, L’eggs
World Series, Family Circle Cup,
Virginia Slims of Philadelphia. Virginia
Slims of Los Angeles, Virginia Slims of
Chicago, Virginia Slims of Seattle and
Virginia Slims of Florida.
I’ll send you $2.00 to prove my point
I believe these shoes are so much better, that once you’ve tried them you’ll stay with them. So buy them now and I’ll send you my personal check for two dollars.
I’ll send you your money back if not completely satisfied
My name is on this shoe because I believe it’s the best shoe on the courts today. If you don’t agree, send them back to Converse by August 31, 1978 for a full refund.
Chris Evert tennis shoes
The shoes of the stars
sauce: Converse 1979